In accordance with the Church of England safeguarding policy our church is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurturing of everyone within our community. We will ensure that we will:
1) Adopt and implement the House of Bishops' safeguarding policy and practice guidance.
2) Promote and publicise the 'Promoting a Safer Church' policy statement and ensure all church officers have acces to it.
3) Have a plan in place that sets out, in line with national and local priorities, how the policy will be put into action.
4) Ensure that any person who works with vulnerable groups is aware of and abides by the national and local safeguarding guidance.
5) Review the policy regularly to ensure best practice.
The parish has undertaken to:
1) Create a safe and caring place for all.
2) Has appointed a Parish Safeguarding Officer who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org .
3) Safely recruit, train and support those with any responsibility for children, young people and vulnerable adults, to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
4) Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
5) Display in church premises and on the parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
6) Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
7) Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arise, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
8) Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse, regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occured.
9) Following advice from the DSA, support and manage the safe involvement of any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
10) Ensure that procedures and risk assessments are in place for all activities and that these are reviewed annually.
11) Review the implementation of the safeguarding policy, procedures and practices at least annually.